What is a floor dimmer?
A floor dimmer is a handy device that allows you to adjust the strength of a light source. Using a floor dimmer, you can change the strength of all the lamps in your home. This allows you to make a lamp or other light source shine less brightly.
This is handy when you want to have a cosy movie night, for instance. By connecting a light dimmer to your lamps, you can dim the lamps in your home, creating a cosy living room.
How to install such a light dimmer, where to buy such a light dimmer and its advantages are explained below.
How many types of floor dimmers are there?
When buying a floor dimmer, it is important to take a few things into account. First of all, you need to know what kind of lighting you want to order a floor dimmer for. You need to know whether you are looking for a dimmer for an incandescent lamp, a halogen lamp, an energy-saving lamp or an LED lamp. This is because there are different types of dimmers for different types of lamps.
In addition, you also need to know the wattage of your lamp. This is important to determine the strength of your dimmer. Finally, it is also important to know whether you need a transformer and whether this is already built into the lamp you want to equip with a floor dimmer.
Below, we give you a brief overview of some of the different types of floor dimmers:
- Floor dimmers for Led lighting
- Floor dimmers for light bulbs
- Floor dimmers for energy-saving lamps
- Floor dimmers for CFL lamps
So it is always important to buy the right floor dimmer for your lamp. If you are looking for a floor dimmer for an incandescent lamp, you will obviously need to buy one that is suitable for incandescent lamps.
How do I install a floor dimmer?
Although installing a floor dimmer may seem difficult and complicated, installing this device is quite simple. This is because we believe that anyone can safely and quickly install a floor dimmer on a lamp. How to do that exactly and as safely as possible, we'll explain to you now.
To install a floor dimmer, you can simply use a lamp's existing power cord. You need to cut the cord wire into two pieces, then strip a small piece of the power cord (often a small 0.5-centimetre piece is enough).
Next, open up the floor dimmer using a small screwdriver and reconnect the cord wire by connecting one half of the cord wire on each side of the floor dimmer. Finally, you close the floor dimmer again using a screwdriver.
This is how easy it is to connect a floor dimmer to your lamps. In just a few minutes, the job is done and you can enjoy beautiful dimmable lighting in your home.
What are the advantages of a floor dimmer?
A floor dimmer is a handy invention that lets you control the brightness of your lamps. We've listed the main benefits of a floor dimmer for you below.
- Make lamps less bright: Using a floor dimmer, you can control the light intensity in your rooms in different ways. So you can easily dim your lights (one or several lamps at a time) and you can also control several light switches at the same time.
- Save energy: In a time of high energy prices, everyone looks for ways to use less electricity. Floor dimmers are great for saving energy, as you can simply make your lamps shine less brightly.
- Creating a cosy atmosphere: Do you sometimes organise a cosy movie night, or do you like to sit in a room at night that is not overexposed? Then a floor dimmer allows you to create a cosy atmosphere in your rooms.
- Convenience: A floor dimmer is very easy to install and operate. So you can install a floor dimmer on all your lamps in no time at all. After installation, the convenience only increases, because a floor dimmer is very quick and easy to operate.
What is the cost of floor dimmers at ET48?
At ET48 you will find the best floor dimmers at bargain prices. For example, you can buy a floor dimmer from us for as little as 20 euros.
Buying a floor dimmer has never been easier and quicker than at ET48. Feel free to browse our webshop and check out the various options. Do you still have questions or are you not sure which floor dimmer is suitable for your lamps? Do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you!
The floor dimmers are available with or without on/off switch in various colours (white, black, transparent, gold/bronze). When making your choice, pay attention to the wattage you need and whether this falls within the dimming range of the floor dimmer.
ET48 is the specialist in batteries, lighting, sockets and lots of other equipment. Would you like to order cheap and good floor dimmers from us? Then don't hesitate to take a look in our webshop. There you will find plenty of other products besides floor dimmers.